Cahir Park (@3.5) vs Clonmel Town (@1.7)

Our Prediction:

Clonmel Town will win

Cahir Park – Clonmel Town Match Prediction | 15-09-2019 10:00

The Juniors will face Old Bridge in the Tipperary Cup Quarter Final on April 24th in The Complex.League Title For U13B's (10/04/2016)Clonmel Town had their first schoolboy league title of the season sealed last week as our under 13b team beat Cashel 6-1 in the championship. We would like to sincerely thank them for their recognition. Please get down and support the lads as they continue to defend their Munster title!All Weather Development Commences (26/02/2016)Some fantastic new regarding our new All Weather Development as we finally have a date for the commencement after a lengthy wait, this means our existing All Weather pitch will be closed from Monday 7th march until Monday 21st march to facilitate laying of new 3G surface! In the Munster Youth Cup they await the winners of Fairview Rangers or Villa FC in the Munster Youth Cup Final, a game fixed for 23rd/24th April. Both sides have already clashed this season in the Munster Youths Quarter Final with Town winning 2-1 in a tense and exciting affair thanks to a Dean Clarke winner. Meanwhile Fairview Rangers will face holders Clonmel Town in the Munster Youth Cup Final as the Limerick side defeated Villa FC 2-1 in the semi final in Limerick today! We look forward with great excitement to its completion!Well Done Sam (26/02/2016)Congratulations to Sam Dwyer who has been selected for the Waterford Regional Squad which will travel to the UK in March for games against Bristol City, Bristol Rovers & Swansea City. Hero on the night was Henry Buttimer who scored 5 goals and Deji Williams scoring the 6th. No doubt Ringmahon will be out for revenge so a huge performance is required from our lads if they wish to advance to the clubs first ever appearance in an FAI Youth Cup Final. Well done to Sam and his delighted family!Youths Chosen For Annerville AwardFantastic news just breaking as it has emerged that our Munster Youth Cup Champions of 2014/15 have been selected for an Annerville Award for 2015 by the Tipperary United Sports Panel. We will post directions to Ringmahon Park in the coming week. Congratulations to all the boys and also to their management of Brian McGrath and Michal Kenny.Youth And Junior Cup Draw (29/03/2016)Clonmel Town Youths have been drawn away to Ringmahon Rangers or Finglas Utd in the semi final of the FAI Youth Cup, a game fixed for the weekend of 16/17th April. The Juniors have been drawn at home to the Old Bridge in the quarter final of the Tipperary Cup.Munster Youths Cup Quarter Final (26/02/2016)The Munster Youths Cup Quarter Final has been switched to Sunday at 12 Noon in The Complex. The final will take place at a Tipperary venue but exact venue and date of the final will be announced this Thursday the 14th! A kick off time has been fixed for 12.20pm. Cup Draw News (10/04/2016)Clonmel Town Youths will face Ringmahon Rangers next Saturday in the FAI Youth Cup Semi Final following the Cork's sides 3-0 victory over Finglas this afternoon in Cork. Just another reward for all his hard work over the past number of years, a very genuine lad who we as a club are extremely delighted to have in our club and proud of his achievements.

With winter darkness a feature from the kick-off, Cahir Park B fought valiantly and secured a point at Cullen-Lattin on Sunday last. The home team scored against the run of play, a score equalized by Jason Grant's first touch when on a substitute whilst both sides exchanged penalties to see the Park second string secure their third 2-2 away draw on the trot.

After a succession of shots on Aaron Wall's goal and two quick corners in a row, one of the best efforts to break the deadlock came from a rasping free kick from Whelan on the half-hour. James Darcy replied with a particularly good attempt from the edge of the area which had Evan Comerford back-pedalling and colliding with his post, the resulting injury holding up play for a considerable time.

? , .

They, however, were more than equal to all that was thrown at them and coupled with some bad finishing by the Cahir front three, allowed the scoreline to remain level until the 18th min. A defensive error at the town goal end on 5 mins almost saw Borris go ahead but it was to be the visiting defenders who would be busier over the next quarter-hour.

Wootton provided the last Cahir effort of the grey afternoon at Duneske - the attempt shaking the side-netting. Sub Eamonn Wooton was put through but a busy visiting goalkeeper was first to the ball. At this stage it was probably deserved - the home team losing appetite for the challenge. Straight away at the other end Dundrum atoned for the penalty to take the lead. The resulting penalty kick - to give hope to the Park faithful- was blasted over the bar.A 66th min volley from Alan Ward was the Park's effort to go ahead. A big challenge for the Park B team on Sunday turned on the dismissal of centre-back Mattie Doherty as the visitors took control and made the most of their greater number. Shane Tobin, uncompromising as ever on the right wing, had the first opportunity to break the deadlock on 13 mins when put through by a pinpoint pass from Gary Burke.It wasn't long however until early pressure from the hosts took effect on the scoreboard - Michael Darcy finishing strongly to the net from a Park corner. With Dundrum clean through on goal after 18 mins only a well-timed challenge from Shane Regan foiled a sure goal - keeper Anthony Burke mopped up to keep the hosts ahead.On 34mins Alan Ward was to trouble the opposing goalie with a shot across the Dundrum goal just going wide.Home fans were disappointed with nine mins left to the break - a direct free which seemed to have been taken care of first by the defenders and then by the goalkeeper somehow ended up in the net to give the Dundrum outfit an equalizing goal.Inside the second 45 Jason Grant had the first shot in anger but within eight mins the day was to turn for the worst the Park. Dundrum's third came shortly afterward. Only Mattie Doherty's hand blocked the way to goal, an action for which he received the red card from Willie Burke. With Anthony Burke coming for the ball and not claiming it, the Dundrum forwards took the opportunity for a shot on goal.

Celtic, to their credit, kept plugging away and were probably good value for a goal or two but within sight now of a promotion spot, the hosts were not giving up and with minor chances for both sides - Cahir's from a long-range pile-driver from Seanie Kiernan, the final whistle blew on Burncourt's chances and confirmed their neighbours second promotion in successive years.

As the half came to a conclusion, Grant was close again for the Park. He rounded the keeper but had his effort from a tightening angle cleared by former Cahir stalwart Paul Frasier operating in the centre of the Celtic defence. On Jimmy Walsh's whistle, Mikey Byrne had a free played to him but his shot was always going right and wide with oppositionpressure being applied.

Masked gang slash tyres of garda cars in Co. Tipperary town before breaking into betting shop

True to form though the visitors kept on going and on 65 mins were again within sight, a mazy run by McGrath putting one between the sides yet again. The Park fans present feared the worst with another couple of attempts from Borris coming close before new man Shane Tobin beat his opponent on the right wing, threaded a pinpoint pass to Wootton whose goal-bound effort was smothered by the agility of the opposinggoalie.

A David McGrath-won free-kick added further pressure to the hosts rearguard and it wasn't long until Town took a deserved lead - Shane Flynn collecting the ball in a crowded goalmouth and shooting speculatively. The ball, heading wide, was deflected to the net by an inrushing Park player to put one between the sides. True to form, the home side were back to try to reduce the arrears - Eamonn Wootton heading over a well-placed Darcy cross.

Intending to redeem himself quickly, O'Brien was through again on the half-hour after a great Dylan Fitzgerald pass but his shot went just over. Intending to make the most of the game, the visitors, after a strategic change introduced some speed to the left flank, were in for their best chance of the game on 37 mins, the final shot squirting to the right of Wall's posts.

Cahir Park AFC

What ensued was a thrilling game going to penalties to find a winner.With many players having played on the same teams as their opponents in the recent past, it was the home side who went ahead with barely a minute gone - Eamonn Wootten finishing well to the Town goal net. However, excitement reached fever-pitch with the Murphy & Allen-led Vee Rovers claiming victory by converting the final kick of the day. Byrne and Tobin finishing past the Vee keeper brought it to 5-5. Not to be outdone, brother Alan had his effort go just wide on 29mins. On the half-hour the fourth goal arrived when a melee in the Park box eventually saw the ball forced over Sweeney's line. Local bragging rights go Clogheen's way with relegated Rovers meeting promoted Park B in the Third Division for the first time. In this ding-dong battle, Anthony Ward was next up - his shot going over after a corner from the right. Straight away Vee had a shot from the right saved well by Darren Sweeney as the search for the equalizer began.On 18mins Sweeney was again troubled by a speculative effort which went flying over the bar. At the other end, Shane Ryan, causing an amount of trouble for the Vee Rovers rearguard, was taken down just on the edge of the 'd' - the resulting free powered wide by Alan Ward.The visitors continued to apply the pressure and, after a sustained assault on the Cahir goal, were 3-2 up after a smart interchange of passes again got the best of a home back-four to have them lead at the break.Eight minutes in to the second half and the Park were 2-4 down - Darren Peters powering home a header after a corner on the left.With a never-say-die attitude, Kenny Burke and Paul Conway's charges kept up the pressure and were only one behind when an Alan Ward corner was delivered perfectly for Jason Grant to head home with conviction.The perfect opportunity for deadlock came on 63mins with a penalty award to Cahir by ref Bernard Feery - a save from the Rovers keeper foiled any celebration from a sizeable home crowd enjoying some late August sun.With 20mins left Alan Ward again blazed over a free kick but Grant's second of the day from a fine Mikey Byrne free did provide the equalizer.Cahir Park B, perhaps using a strong bench better than their counterparts, finished much the stronger and were now definite value for the win, twice hitting the woodwork - the first from Ward after brilliant work on the right from Byrne and an extremely effective Shane Tobin created space.With an embarassment of potential finishers now in the Rovers box, Grant again had a go - hitting the post on the final whistle.Straight to penalties - Ward, keeper Sweeney and Grant finishing successfully to leave it 3-3 going to sudden death spot-kicks. but was shortly to make up for it putting the hosts two clear.However it was 2-1 in no time at all when the Park defence was carved open and the ensuing cross clipped to the net.