Pittsburgh Pirates (@2.55) vs Chicago Cubs (@1.5)
13-09-2019

Our Prediction:

Chicago Cubs will win

Pittsburgh Pirates – Chicago Cubs Match Prediction | 13-09-2019 16:05

Jon Lester got the win to improve his record to 10-8 on the year after giving up just four hits while walking five and striking out three over six shutout innings. In his career, Quintana is 4-1 with a 2.81 ERA and 50 strikeouts against Pittsburgh. Kris Bryant had a solo home run while Addison Russell, Ian Happ and Jonathan Lucroy each had base hits as the Cubbies cranked out just four hits as a team in the winning effort. Jose Quintana will start game three and is 10-7 with a 4.11 ERA and 124 strikeouts this season. Rowan Wick closed out the 9th for his 1st save. The Chicago Cubs will look to win the set after taking game two on Saturday by a final score of 2-0.

Chicago lost the game despite their home runs from Kyle Schwarber and Anthony Rizzo. Last night, Pittsburgh smashed seven runs with the help of Bryce Harper and they managed to restrict Chicago to five from the plate. At present, the Cubs are holding the top spot with the Cardinals. The Cubs are facing their own issues and they were unable to defeat Pittsburgh on Thursday. PNC Park will play host to Chicago Cubs and Pittsburgh Pirates on Friday as they continue their series from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Pirates are a long way out, but are trying their best to focus on winning.

Betting Trends

The Cubs will be missing out on Javier Baer due to his sickness and he will be present in this game. Final Score Prediction, Chicago Cubs will win and cover the run line 6-3. Overall, the Cubs are holding the 13thposition in runs and 8thposition in OPS on the season. Chicago Cubs vs Pittsburgh Pirates. The MLB pick for this match is Chicago Cubs -140. Chicago will have the upper hand in this match. Whereas, the Pirates are holding the 19thposition in runs and 18thposition in OPS on the season.

Activities offered by advertising links to other sites may be deemed an illegal activity in certain jurisdictions. Viewers are specifically warned that they should inquire into the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions by and makes no representation or endorsement of any of these games and/or activities offered by the advertiser.

Last 10 games head-to-head

After we process it through our math predictor, we then provide a CHANCES OF COVERING percentage for that game, which lets you know if theres any value on the OVER in that game. = (Chances Game Going OVER) The C.O.G.O. percentage is based on both teams OVER/UNDER record, using both teams short and long-term OVER/UNDER records. C.O.G.O. *Note: If theres a 60% chance of the game going OVER, that means, theres a 40% chance of the game going UNDER.

The 29-year-old player is holding an ERA of 3.48 and is 8-9 on the season. Chicago will need to depend on their bats to support Hendricks in this match. Chicago Cubs are all set to start with Kyle Hendricks as their pitcher on Friday. Hendricks struggled in his last outing as Cincinnati took advantage of the situation and smashed 10 runs from the plate.

Mitch Keller will start game three and is 1-1 with a 7.94 ERA and 19 strikeouts this season. Adam Frazier had a double while Starling Marte, Kevin Newman and Elias Diaz each had a base hit as Pittsburgh also had four hits as a team in the loss with the rest of the team going 0 for 19 with 3 strikeouts. Steven Brault took the loss, falling to 3-2 on the year after allowing one run on two hits while striking out eight over seven innings of work. The Pittsburgh Pirates will look to rebound to take the series after dropping game two on Saturday. This will be Kellers first career start against the Cubs.

Current Offers

DMVI = (Daily Market Value Index) The DMVI is our researched and calculated line compared to the bookmakers line. When calculating the DMVI, we look for the margin of error between the bookmakers line, the final result of a game and then produce the value of what the line should be in the next game for both teams. The DMVI is a tool to find value vs. the current line.

The 30-year-old enters Sunday with a 4.11 ERA and 4.21 xFIP with 8.23 strikeouts per nine innings and 2.39 walks. He walked one and gave up just one earned run (two total). He has been best on the road with a 4.06 ERA through 62 innings as the visitor, but opponents post a collective .318 wOBA. Quintana is coming off a career-best 14-strikeout performance over six innings against the Philadelphia Phillies.

Tony Kemp had a triple and both of Chicagos RBIs in the loss, while Javier Baez added a double and Jonathan Lucroy, Ian Happ and Kris Bryant each had a base hit as the Cubs cranked out just five hits as a team in the loss. In his career, Lester is 10-6 with a 3.18 ERA and 102 strikeouts against Pittsburgh. Jon Lester will start game two and is 9-8 with a 4.43 ERA and 129 strikeouts this season. Brandon Kintzler took the loss, falling to 2-2 on the year as a result. The Chicago Cubs will be out to snap a four game losing streak after starting the series with a 3-2 loss in game one on Friday. Kyle Hendricks gave up one run on three hits over seven innings of work, not factoring in the decision.